Burning Foot Beer Festival is located at Pere Marquette Beach and the event runs from 3 pm – 9 pm. Lakeshore Brewers Guild enthusiast members will be allowed to enter at 2 pm. Traffic at the beach will be very busy this time of year so we encourage you to arrive early!
Below are some details on places to stay and some of the public transportation that is available if you prefer not to drive. If you are taking your vehicle we encourage you to carpool with a friend.
All Things Local:
New to the Muskegon area or coming in from out of town for the festival and not sure where to stay or eat? Check out Visit Muskegon for all your local info. www.visitmuskegon.org
Campgrounds – There are 2 different campgrounds to choose from:
- Tent Campground (Located next to Burning Foot event grounds)
- Channel Park – RV (Located at Margaret Elliot Drake Park)
General Info/rules for Campgrounds:
- Camping is for Saturday Only
- Check-in will start at 9:00 am and will run till 5:00 pm
- All campers must have a camping wristband when inside campgrounds
- Tent campsites will receive (4) camping wristbands
- RV/Trailer sites will receive (6) camping wristbands
- There will be a check-in tent at the entrance to each campground.
- All Sites must break down and be checked out by 10-10:30 am Sunday.
- You are allowed to bring food and drink to your campsite. No charcoal grills.
- No campfires are allowed. We will have 2 community-style fire pits in the tent camping area.
- Tent sites are roughly 20×20
- RV/Trailer Sites at channel park are approximately 18×30. Some sites are longer. If you have a larger trailer at channel park try to get there early and we will help you park.
- All Attendees to the festival must be over 21. There are no exceptions to this.
- No Pets are allowed in the tent campground (as it is on the sand and city park rules)
- Please be kind to your neighbors (we work hard to create a fun festival so don’t be mean!)
- Do not leave your trash behind! You must leave your campsite completely cleaned and empty of all trash and belongings. If you take it in, you take it out. Please help us keep the beach clean so we can continue to offer camping.
- We take our sustainability program seriously, and we’d appreciate your help! So when throwing something away please be aware you are placing it in the correct bin.
The tent camping entrance will be right next to the event grounds. The entire campground is in the sand with all sites being rustic so there is no power or water. The camping entrance will be just off the sidewalk with a large white tent at the entrance. There are 250 tent campsites available. If you have trouble finding the entrance, the info tent at Burning Foot can help you.
Tent and RV/Trailer sites can be set up starting at 9:00 AM the morning of the event. There will be a check-in at both the Tent camping area entrance and also the RV/Trailer camping entrance. At check-in, you will receive your site number and your camping wristbands.
Sites must be torn down by 10-10:30 am the next day and please clean up your site space (Don’t leave trash behind)
We will have a community-style fire at the tent camping area.
You are allowed to bring in food and a cooler for your space.
Please limit 1 tent per tent space if possible, Tent sites are 20×20
CHANNEL PARK (RV Camping):
The camping entrance will be just off Beach Street at the top of the circle. We will have direction signage as you get close and we will have staff there to help get you checked in and parked. The easiest thing to do is to follow Beach Street down and as it starts to turn back around (towards the beach). You will see a large white tent on the right with entrance signs. Space is limited at the RV Park – there are only 16 spots available. If you have trouble finding the entrance the info tent can help you.
Muskegon is blessed with miles and miles of bike paths leading to Pere Marquette Beach. To find the best path for you check out the map and links below. You can also find out more by visiting: Muskegon Area Trails
ARRIVING BY AIR:
Flying in to attend? You can fly to Muskegon County Airport (MKG) on United Airlines with daily service through Chicago O’Hare. Save Time, Save Money. The Airport is only 20 minutes away from the beach with Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and National rental cars and taxi services available. Check MKG First at www.flymkg.com or book a flight at UNITED.COM.
SHUTTLE – The shuttle service will have 1 stop which will be located at the Boys & Girls Club located at 900 W. Western Ave. For 2021 the only stops will be the Boys & Girls Club and the event grounds. The shuttle buses will start to run a loop from Boys & Girls Club to Burning Foot at 1 pm and will stop at 11 pm. Therefore, if you want to use the shuttle be aware of the times available.
Muskegon has a few Taxi Companies for Hire. Please see below for contact information:
Port City Cab – (231) 739-7161
Busy Bee Taxi – (231) 733-5400
Blue City Taxi – (231) 780-5466
Muskegon Delta Hotels by Marriott:
Located Downtown Muskegon (Walking Distance to Unruly & Pigeon Hill) 939 3rd St, Muskegon, MI 49440
Red Roof Inn:
150 S Seaway Dr, Norton Shores, MI 49444
Red Roof Inn Website
1401 E Ellis Rd, Muskegon, MI 49444
Hampton Inn Website
Fairfield Inn & Suites:
1520 E Mt Garfield Rd, Muskegon, MI
Fairfield Inn Website