Burning Foot Beer Festival is located at Pere Marquette Beach and will run from 3pm – 9pm with guild enthusiast members getting in at 2pm. Traffic at the beach will be very busy this time of year so we encourage you to arrive early and enjoy some rays at the beach.
Below are some details on places to stay and some of the public transportation that is available if you are not wanting to drive down. If you are taking your vehicle down we encourage you to car pool with friend.
There are 3 different campgrounds
Tent Campground (Located next to Burning Foot event grounds)
Channel Park (Located at margaret elliot drake park)
Bluffton Campground (Located on the former bluffton School Site (corner of Lakeshore & Wilcox Ave)
General Info for all 3 Campgrounds:
- Camping is for Saturday Only
- Check in will start at 9:30am and will tun till 5:00pm
- All campers must have a camping wristband when inside campgrounds
- Tent campsites will receive (4) camping wristbands
- RV/Trailer sites will receive (6) camping wristbands
- There will be a check in tent at the entrance to each campground.
- All Sites must broke down and checked out by 10-10:30 am sunday.
- You are allowed to bring food and drink into your campsite. No charcoal grills.
- No campfires are allowed. We will have 2 community style fire pits in the tent camping area.
- Tent sites are roughly 20×20
- RV/Trailer sites on Bluffton are 18×40
- RV/Trailer Sites at channel park are 18×30 some sites are longer.If you have a larger trailer at channel park try to get there early if you can and we will help you park.
- All Attendees to the festival must be over 21
- No Pets are allowed in the tent campground (as it is on the sand and city park rules)
- Please be kind to your neighbors (we work hard to create a fun festival so don’t be mean!)
- Do not leave your trash behind! If you take it in you take it out. Please help us keep the beach clean
- We have a new sustainability program so when throwing something away please be aware you are placing it in the right bin.
Tent camping entrance will be right next to the event grounds. The entire campground is in the sand with all sites being rustic so no power or water. The camping entrance will be just off the sidewalk with a large white tent at the entrance. If you have trouble finding the entrance the info tent at Burning Foot can help you out.
The camping entrance will be just off beach street at the top of the circle, we will have direction signage as you get close and we will have staff there to help get you checked in and parked. Easiest thing to do just just follow beach street down and as it starts to turn back around (towards beach) you will see a large white tent on the right with entrance signs. f you have trouble finding the entrance the info tent at Burning Foot can help you out.
The camping entrance will be on wilcox ave. So as you are coming up lakeshore drive you will make a right on wilcox ave and the entrance will be on your left about a half block up. We will have some directional signage as you come up Lakeshore dr telling you where to turn for bluffton campground.
Burning Foot Shuttle:
Route #1 – will pick up/drop off from Burning Foot fair ground then head to Muskegon Catholic Central for Stop #1, then will head back towards Lakeside and stop at Grand Trunk boat launch for Stop #2. Both stops will have parking spaces that will attended and watched by Burning Foot volunteers and are also close to near by neighborhoods for walking traffic. Buses will be running a continues loop all day
Route #2 – will pick up/drop off from Burning Foot fair grounds and head downtown to the parking lot behind Unruly Brewing for stop #1 (which is close to the Holiday Inn and Shoreline Inn Hotels). Then will head back down towards Lakeside and stop at Grand Trunk boat launch for Stop #2. Both stops will have parking spaces that will be attended and watched by Burning Foot volunteers and are also close to near by neighborhoods for walking traffic. Buses will be running a continues loop all day
Buses will run from 1:15-1:30ish to 11pm. The last pickup will be from burning foot grounds around 10:30. Shuttle passes will be $10 and can be used the entire day with unlimited rides to and from
Muskegon is blessed with miles and miles of bike paths leading to Pere Marquette Beach. To find the best path for you check out the map and links below. You can also find out more by visiting: Muskegon Area Trails
Flying in to attend? You can fly to Muskegon County Airport (MKG) on United Airlines with daily service through Chicago O’Hare. Save Time, Save Money. The Airport is only 20 minutes away from the beach with Avis, Budget, Enterprise and National rental cars and taxi service available. Check MKG First at www.flymkg.com or book a flight at UNITED.COM.
MATS (Public Bus)Muskegon Area Transit will have their normal buses running the day of burning foot on Route 35 (Lake shore/Sherman). Buses can be boarded anywhere marked with the MATS symbol along route 35 as well as the main terminal located in downtown Muskegon (Herman Ivory Terminal 351 Morris Street). There is plenty of parking in the Morris street lot across from the terminal (Herman Ivory Terminal parking is by permit only). The parking lots are located near Unruly Brewing & Pigeon Hill Brewing companies. Additionally if you are staying at one of the local hotels you can walk to the bus terminal station from the Holiday Inn or the Shoreline Inn & Suites.
Muskegon has a few Taxi Companies for Hire Please see below for contact information:
Port City Cab – (231) 739-7161
Busy Bee Taxi – (231) 733-5400
Blue City Taxi – (231) 780-5466
**Most of these hotels have free shuttle to and from Burning Foot also. Make sure you check with hotel on shuttle service.
Muskegon Holiday Inn:
Located Downtown Muskegon (Walking Distance to Unruly & Pigeon Hill) 939 3rd St, Muskegon, MI 49440
Holiday Inn Website
Red Roof Inn:
150 S Seaway Dr, Norton Shores, MI 49444
Red Roof Inn Website
1401 E Ellis Rd, Muskegon, MI 49444
Hampton Inn Website
Fairfield Inn & Suites:
1520 E Mt Garfield Rd, Muskegon, MI
Fairfield Inn Website